Melissa E.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006


Final Blog Entry

I have learned so much from taking History 172 this semester. At the very beginning of the school year, i thought that i would not be able to handle the heavy course material and work load. In fact, it was the only course that i remember thinking of dropping at the beginning of the year. Professor Dabel, I have to admit was very intimidating at first and thought her to be unapproachable. But later on, the class got to see her true thoughtful and witty character. I thankfully stuck with the course and it ended up being one of the most satisfying courses i have taken so far at CSULB. History 172 is one of the most satisfying courses that i have taken because it was one of the most challenging courses in my schedule and I had made it to the very end, dispite my feelings at the very beginning of the year. Not only had I learned about early American history, but i had learned many other useful things such as how to study for an exam, how to paraphrase, how to footnote, and the steps to writing a proper research paper. I also gained some technology skills from this course because of the online blogs. Before I had taken this course I had never written a blog before in my life. Believe it or not, I didnt have a Myspace then either. I am so proud of taking History 172 because it had taught me many useful skills that will help me throughout my college career, thanks to Dr. Dabel. So i thank Dr. Dabel for carring enough for her students and to take the time to do what other professors would have never even considered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home