Melissa E.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Blog#1-Introduction

Major: Undeclared

Hometown: Laguna Niguel, CA

High school: Dana Hills High School

Facts about your family: My mother and father are still together and have two older sisters the ages of 20 and 23.

Why did you choose to attend Cal State Long Beach? I was told of all the amazing classes and programs Long Beach offers.

What do you want to do when you graduate from the university? Hopefully get an internship or a job that will help me get closer to my career goals or travel.

If you could choose one personal object to represent you, what would that object be? My duck pillow I've had since I was a baby.

Who are your heroes? I would have to say that my parents are my heroes because they are the two people I look up to the most. They have really taught me to work hard and to do the best that you can do, as well as to value an education. Both my mom and dad had very difficult upbringing, but they still managed to be successful. I just think about my parent's lives when they were my age and it gives me the motivation to make up for what they've missed.

If you could travel to one spot anywhere in the world, where would you want to visit? Italy! It doesn't matter where in Italy. Venice, Rome, Florence...They're all amazing.

What are your current favorite books? What books would you recommend to someone you just met? I would recommend my three favorite books: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, and a fun/light read which is a hilarious series called Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella. Story of my life...

What pushes your buttons? What are your pet peeves? I hate it when I'm late for something or if someone else is late, especially for a movie! I love the previews.

What music are you listening to currently? Rock/alternative, classic rock, oldies, and I now have a new found appreciation for country (thanks to my wonderful best friend who made me listen to it whenever we got in the car this past summer).

Favorite colors? Turquoise, pink, and black.

Favorite Web sites? Vintagevixen.com, amazon.com, Fredflare.com and shopbop.com. I tend to buy fun and completely useless stuff that I usually end up giving away at a garage sale later.

Favorite foods? Italian, Mexican, Thai

All-time favorite movies? Classics such as Breakfast at Tiffany's, The Sound of Music, Pretty in Pink and the rest of the Molly Ringwald collection. And the soon to be classic, The Notebook.

Favorite artists? Claude Monet and Andy Warhol.

Favorite academic subjects? What are you interested in studying in the future? English and history. I'm looking forward to Art History and Greek Mythology.

Favorite free-time activities? When I have a little free time I enjoy lleisure reading, hanging out with friends, shopping, going to the movies, reading my fashion/tabloid magazines (I'm addicted), & watching TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home